Staying healthy and consuming healthy food is a really challenging job for anyone. But if you are traveling out of town or even out of the country there are some strategies you can select to stay healthy and consume a healthy diet. These strategies will help to maintain balance and stay less stress-free during your entire tour.
We have done enormous research and come out with the best strategies to stay healthy and consume a healthy and balanced diet during your either vacation or business tour. Too much consideration is given to the limitations- what is practically possible and what is not- what type of tools and foods are allowed or not by the airport security.
These healthy food strategies are valid irrespective of traveling mode. These strategies will help you either you are flying or by road or even by bus.
If you want to avoid stress during your trip, you should avoid some foods prior to even start the trip. You are well aware of your limitations and know very well about the response of your body to different foods.
So, before starting the journey you should avoid those foods 2 to 3 days prior to the trip date- doing so will help you a lot in staying healthy during your entire trip.
Hotel Room Facilities
Hotel room type plays a vital role in keeping you energetic during your visit. Try to find the room facilitated with mini refrigerator. Refrigerator in the hotel room will help you to keep your food fresh but you can save a lot of money by bringing your frozen food for your days from your home.
If it is not possible to rent such a room then you should search the hotel on the basis of the good location. A good location is considered where you access easily to grocery shops or supermarkets.
The closer is the supermarkets, the easier it is to have fresh meals and foods for you when you feel hungry. In such cases, you can pack your bottled water, fruits, veggies or even some dips with you for your trip.
The next thing which you can do to manage your trip is to find the hotel who offers complimentary breakfast, to go bit further ahead you can explore the breakfast menu of the hotel. It is very good for you if the hotel breakfast includes hard boiled eggs or fruits. You can explore these facts on any hotel booking sites in hotel descriptions or reviews by the visitors.
The Healthy Food
You can easily pick the foods from a long list of available perishable and nonperishable foods. The types of food you have to bring with you largely depend upon the length of your trip. The second key factor for the selection of the food that how much empty space or room you have to store your food.
To store the perishable foods you can use a cooler or cooler shoulder bag. You can use gel ice packs to keep your food cold during your traveling. If you are traveling through flying and you are sure that your ice bags are security friendly then you can take the ice bags from the store on the terminal.
You can use an electronic cooler which can be charged in charging dock of vehicle or plug in an electric socket where is available. You can ask the boarding staff to keep your food in the fridge during the visit if you are traveling through flying or by bus.
You should use the airtight and spill free stainless steel containers to store your food. BPA free plastic containers can be used as well for the food storage purpose.
The list of perishable foods which you can take with you on the trip easily is hereinbelow.
- Carrots and broccoli tossed in olive oil or dipped in almond butter.
- Pre-peeled Hard Boiled Eggs
- Roasted sweet potatoes.
- Shrimps, chicken or beef pre-cooked and cut into strips.
- Pre-cooked salad
- Raw Milk cheese slices.
- For long flights, it is a better option to take dry fruits and salad with meat.
Nonperishable food which you can take during your visit is hereinbelow.
Nonperishable foods are foods that do not require immediate refrigeration. These foods can serve in an excellent manner for emergency meals while you are on a long flight. You are working for hours away from your home these foods are the best option. You can pack a large quantity of these foods in your suitcases and bags.
- Epic Bars or CHOMPS.
- Bars like Simple Squares, Larabars.
- Nuts and Seeds.
- Freeze-dried fruits like dried mango or apple chips.
- Almond butter or coconut butter.
- Coconut Oil
- Fresh fruits like bananas, avocados, and apple.
- Take your unprocessed sea salt and olive oil with your for dressing purpose. Place some desserts of your choice with you like dark chocolates or cookies with you.
You should pick up the travel-friendly accessories with you like reusable forks, small knife and small plates. Keep small napkins with you as it will help you in eating the food you brought with you. You can have a little travel water soap bottle with you to clean your accessories.
Take your reusable water bottle and coffee mug with you. Doing so will reduce the cost of the trip and production of plastic waste. If you are traveling through an airplane, you will have to make your water bottle empty prior to boarding.
Put the small accessories of your need like any supplements like magnesium or probiotics you are taking. Take the bag of your favorite tea with you. If you are traveling for your business purpose and frequency of traveling is high then you should maintain the semi-normal routine to keep your overall health good.
Upon Arrival at Destination
Either you are traveling in your own car or by taxi, you should take a stop at a grocery shop prior to reaching the hotel. Take the necessary item you could not bring with you.
You can take the large water bottles for you which will be sufficient for your entire trip. If the size of the mini fridge is not optimum then you can use your own freezing containers you brought with you for the storage purpose.
You can use the ice from the hotel as per requirement. If you stay out of the hotel the entire day for the business or picnic purpose, you can take your containers with you in shoulder bags.
Either you are traveling for the personal or business purpose, experiencing the local restaurants for dinner or lunch would be an amazing memory of the trip. You can use the following tricks to identify the best-suited restaurant for you.
- Search the restaurant directly on Google. You can go on trip managing sites like Trip Advisor and find the keyword like “grass-fed” or “gluten-free” to find the restaurants of your choice.
- When you go to the restaurant, tell the waiter and instruct him according to your diet habit as if you are avoiding gluten or sugary foods.
- Tell them you want to avoid the gluten or sugar or whatever you want to avoid and ask them to make substitutes for you. The waiter will pass your instructions to the chef and you will receive the food of your own choice.
- You can order the burger with the instruction to replace the burger bun with lettuce leaves. If you want to avoid the fried item in the burger, ask them clearly.
- You can place an order of any entrée dish like steak, fish or chicken.
- If you want to avoid vegetable oil ask them to cook your food in any other substitute oil like any butter.
Read More: Home Remedies for Stomach Pain